Hello friends and family!
I’ve always loved the declaration: “God is good, always good!” It is a truth I hold dear to my heart and one that I often recite. I find comfort in this reminder and bear testimony of the truthfulness of this statement. This week consisted of some amazing miracles and moments that added to my testimony of God’s goodness.
Here are some of the highlights from my week:
– We got a miracle referral for a little boy who desires to be baptized. He is the sweetest thing and I am humbled by all he teaches me during every lesson we have with him.
– We had another miracle call from a young man who has desired to be baptized for a while!
– Seeing the temple and the mountains off into the distance every day is amazing! I am in awe and feel so humbled to see God’s love illustrated through the beauty of the world around us.
– Every lesson we teach (which is often at least once a day) is humbling to me. I love teaching about Jesus Christ, and I love feeling God’s hand in the work!
– I am grateful for every day…every day that God teaches me something new. Every day that I am stretched in a new way. Every day I get to be a missionary. A mission is hard but the greatest feeling! I rejoice in the great goodness of God!!
Update on me and the mission:
Today is P-day, which is preparation day, and this is how I have spent it…
My two companions and I went Target shopping. I spent the entire time trying to convince myself not to buy what I don’t need, and I was actually successful, surprisingly… I love shopping!
We ate tasty food out as a treat,
We volunteered at the bishop’s store house,
Called and talked to family,
And did some self-care.
P-day is a good recovery day after a busy week, because it is focused on caring for yourself.
Everyone needs to have a personal lift-me-up day to go strong the rest of the week.
I also did my laundry today. I was so excited to have clean clothes (which my landlord even folded for me.) It is truly the simple joys in life that bring the greatest happiness!
God is Good, always good!
Love you lots!